Following the resignation of Virat Kohli, Sourav Ganguly, a former captain of the Indian cricket team, assumed leadership of the BCCI as president.
Virat Kohli’s resignation as Test captain of India last year sparked a highly contentious incident in Indian cricket. Many concerns remained after Virat Kohli’s tenure as India’s captain came to an end. The legendary batsman had made the decision to step down from the India T20 captaincy. He was also dropped from the ODI team. Shortly after, Kohli declared that he was going to resign from his position as the team’s Test captain.
Following the resignation of Virat Kohli, Sourav Ganguly, a former captain of the Indian cricket team, assumed leadership of the BCCI as president. Numerous sources suggest that he was a major factor in Virat Kohli’s dismissal.
I did not dethrone Virat as captain. I’ve stated this numerous times. Kohli had no desire to lead in Twenty20 internationals. I advised him to quit all white-ball cricket formats. He was not interested in leading in T20I. He made that decision, and on Dadagiri, Sourav Ganguly stated, “Let there be a white-ball captain and a red-ball captain.”
Visit :Kinglivecricketid
“As Rohit Sharma wasn’t interested in leading in all three of the game’s formats, I gently prodded him to assume the captaincy role. So, perhaps I can help there a little, but the players are the ones who excel on the field, regardless of the administrator. No outsider can make a significant contribution.
This is only a small portion of my larger goal, which is to improve Indian cricket
Virat Kohli Team Indian Captain
Rohit Sharma took over as captain of India in T20Is, ODIs, and Tests following the departure of Virat Kohli as leader of the squad in all three forms.
“It has taken the team seven years of arduous labor, daily perseverance, and hard work to move on the right path. I completed the work completely honestly and didn’t omit anything. At some point, everything must stop, and for me as the Indian Test captain, that time is now.
Throughout the road, there have been many highs and some lows, but never a shortage of work or belief. I’ve always felt that anything I do should be done with my all. If I can’t give it my all, I know that’s not the correct thing to do. Kohli had stated in his statement at the time, “I cannot be dishonest to my team because I have complete clarity in my heart.
I would like to express my gratitude to the BCCI for allowing me to serve my nation for so long. More significantly, I would like to express my gratitude to all of my teammates. Who have supported my vision for the team from the beginning and have never given up under any circumstances. This trip has been so lovely and unforgettable because of you all.
You all have been instrumental in realising this vision, especially Ravi Bhai and the support team, who were the driving force behind this vehicle that continuously propelled us forward in Test cricket. Last but not least, a huge thank you to MS Dhoni, who saw potential in me as a captain and felt that I could lead Indian cricket.

Comments
Post a Comment