Mushfiqur Rahim, was his T20I retirement forced upon him? That proved to be a million-dollar question as the seasoned player led Fortune Barisal to the Bangladesh Premier League T20 championship final on Wednesday, February 28 at the Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium. Mushfiqur smiled and denied that he regretted leaving the Twenty20 Internationals.
No, he responded with remorse. He went on, “You are saying this after I played well; no one said that before.” Referring to both my performance and game sense.
May I just ask you a quick question? Did I decide to stop playing T20Is on my own? “Look at my retirement in the T20s from last month; I have nothing more to say,” he remarked. September 4, 2022, Mushfiqur’s T20I retirement date, came after the Asia Cup in the United Arab Emirates, right before the T20 World Cup in Australia. Mushfiqur received a lot of flak for his poor performance at the time. Some even criticized him for being selected for the Asia Cup.
Mushfiqur Rahim Holds ‘No Regrets’ Over T20I Retirement
Mushfiqur, who helped Fortune Barisal secure. Their spot in the BPL final, with an unbeaten 47 off 38 balls, makes them presently the fifth-highest run scorer in the BPL with 367 runs at a strike rate of 123.56. During the group stage, he contributed several significant hits, like a 39-ball 68 against the Khulna Tigers and a 44-ball 63 against the Comilla Victorians. Mushfiqur responded angrily to opponents who questioned Fortune Barisal’s hiring, pointing out that he, Tamim Iqbal, and Mahmudullah were all brought in.
Cricket ID Online: https://www.kinglivecricketid.com/
Everyone remarked at the beginning of the competition that Barisal is an old team and that experience is not necessary for playing T20. However, here we are. According to Mushfiqur, this idea is completely false because experiences are valuable in all their forms.
Being chastised for my age deters me. I feel horrible about it. He continued, “Even today, if you put a lot of young players in front of me, I’m sure they won’t get near me in terms of fitness.”
How will you determine fitness standards, such as age and performance? Since age is merely a number, I believe it should be fitness and performance. Otherwise, players like Jimmy Anderson would not be as common.
I don’t play to impress people, and I’m grateful to those who have chosen me, including Tamim and the Barisal owner. He continued, “I want to repay their faith through my performance.”

Comments
Post a Comment