Team India faces numerous challenges and is left with limited options.

India could have done without this paradox of plenty. Rahul Dravid and Rohit Sharma had a difficult time making decisions. Picking between Kuldeep Yadav, Axar Patel, and Ravindra Jadeja is a difficult task that could determine the fate of the third Test match against England, which is scheduled to start at the Saurashtra Cricket Association Stadium on Thursday.

There are two days remaining for the game, so I’m not even sure where I stand. Should the chance arise, I will be overjoyed. On Tuesday, two days prior to the commencement of the test, Kuldeep stated, “I don’t really think about whether I’m playing or not. I just enjoy my day and keep working hard, and that is my process.”

Cricket ID Provider : https://www.kinglivecricketid.com/

Kuldeep is now in the running after an impressive showing in the second Test in Visakhapatnam, when he took four vital wickets and made significant breakthroughs, particularly in the first innings. But Jadeja’s absence gave him the opportunity, and now that she’s back, the selection conundrum gets more intense. When asked if he would play again for his hometown of Rajkot in the Test XI, Jadeja said, “Hopefully, yes.” I am here for that reason. I want to give it my all and refrain from diving when it’s not required.

India Team Players Kuldeep & Axar Patel’s Bowling

What is the current situation between Kuldeep and Axar, and which one will be the chosen option? In a conventional and perfect cricket universe, Kuldeep would be the clear favorite. With his leg spin on his left arm and his propensity to surprise batters with his googlies, he adds an extra element of surprise to the attack. Axar, though, has established a compelling case for himself both at bat and with the ball.

In the India vs. England match, after batting at №5 in the Hyderabad Test, Axar outscored both Jadeja and even a specialist batsman like Shreyas Iyer, solidifying his image as a dependable batter. Throughout his four innings of batting, he has scored 44, 17, 27, and 45 runs, making his performances with the bat quite impressive.

In addition, he is India’s third-highest scorer with 133 runs. Making him the sixth-highest run scorer in the series overall on both sides. When combined with his five wickets. Axar’s all-around performance makes a strong argument. Especially considering how inexperienced and fragile Indian batting is.

If Kuldeep is left out by the team management,. It would be a betrayal of the spinner. Who has endured such exclusions in the past? Interestingly, in Bangladesh in 2022, Kuldeep was injured for the following Test match, even though he had just finished a match-winning effort in Dhaka. After taking eight wickets and scoring forty runs in the match, he was dropped for the following four days.

Kuldeep has only played nine Test matches in his seven-year career. Four of which have been at home, where his bowling style should be excellent. He regrets not having played more games at home, but he also recognizes the need to maintain team balance.

Stokes on Virat’s absence

Ben Stokes, meanwhile, declared he would stop viewing Virat Kohli’s absence from the series as a plus. “I think it should just be left at that as opposed to an advantage or disadvantage to either side. There are obviously some unique reasons why he’s not participating in the series, so I don’t appreciate that being used as a benefit to us or a detriment to India. Of course, the club sends its best wishes to Virat and everything that’s happening, but you want the best players to be in the game. One of those is Virat,” the England skipper remarked.

Due to a family issue, Kohli will not be participating in the series. The BCCI has granted him permission to miss it. 

Comments